Are you passionate about a political, social or economic issue?
Are you a neighborhood organizer, non-profit volunteer, or maybe just a taxpayer who's 'mad as hell'?
Whatever your cause, FOG is partnering with the New Mexico Press Association and New Mexico Broadcasters Association to give you the tools YOU need to become an informed and active participant in state and local policy-making. Join us March 26 in Albuquerque for a one-day workshop that will make you a government watchdog.
Click here for more information or to register!
- Citizenship in practice: success stories
- Using sunshine laws: access to public records and meetings
- Citizen lobbying at the state and local level
- Citizen journalism: your rights & responsibilities
- Using government libraries
- Using the Internet to become an informed citizen
We're working hard to put together an informative, invigorating program. Please check back in the coming week for a complete schedule. We look forward to meeting you!